Lt. Governor Wants Archeological Dig Buried
December 3, 2010 Leave a comment
By Joe Bisicchia
Petty’s Run is the name of the archeological dig site next to the state capitol in Trenton. It dates back to the 1700’s when it was a mill next to a creek named Petty’s Run. During the American Revolutionary War steel and iron was forged here. Now it’s the site of controversy between historical preservation advocates and the State Capitol Joint Management Commission who recently voted to cover the site with soil until state finances improve enough to excavate it properly.
Vodpod videos no longer available.